Email studies are a classic method to engage customers for user research. Sprig provides the ability to target customers, send questions, capture responses, and quantify insights automatically from those responses. For this Quick Start guide, we’ve outlined the simplest way to get started with email studies.
- Create a list of users to target and anticipate that you’ll need to transform the file into a compatible file format.
- Minimally, you will need to upload a file that contains user_id, email, and a single attribute.
- If no user_id is provided, Sprig will create a hashed ID (and ID generated using an algorithm to map data) on your behalf.
- Please note that using an uploaded list like this may or may not create duplicate entries if you were to then identify that user by way of another Sprig install at a later point in your Sprig usage.
- Access this sample file to support your Sprig upload from step 1 above.
- In most cases you’ll want to make the third column a referral attribute, meaning that it will be the value you search for in the study design workflow.
Navigate to the Templates section within your account to browse the expert-written research templates. Templates are organized into use case collections to help you easily find what you need, like:
- Onboard More Customers
- Create Better Content
- Launch a New Product or Feature
- Recruit Interview Participants
- Reduce Customer Churn
Choose the collection that best fits your business problem. Then browse, preview, and select the template that best supports your research.
- Scan and hover over each template.
- Observe the preview on the right side.
- To choose the template, either select the template card or click the green Customize and Launch button on the right, under the preview of the template.
- If you'd rather not use a template, you can always choose to Create from Scratch via the purple button in the top right corner to create your custom study.
For the question selection:
- Review any templated questions.
- Customize your study questions by changing the wording, deleting, or adding a question.
- Click Save Changes and you will be returned to the study summary view. Your study will now have a Draft status.
To learn more about designing study questions, visit the following topics:
For the audience selection:
- Select Email as your platform.
- Click Add Filter and search for your referral attribute that was uploaded from your CSV file. If you opted for list_name with a value of the test, you’ll want to set the filter to search for list_name = test.
- Add email intro text – this will be in the body of your email.
- Under Total Responses, select Deliver Immediately.
- Click Save Changes after customizing. Saving the changes of your study places it into a status called Draft.
To learn more about designing study questions, visit the following topics Here you can make updates/changes to:
- Click the purple Launch Study button in the top right corner, you should start to see responses come in as time progresses.
If you need any help with either of these installations, please reach out or book time with our Product Support and Customer Success teams. We’re happy to lend you a hand getting started.
Updated about 1 month ago
For further information.