Email studies can be sent by either:
- Using attributes sent to Sprig from your backend or Google Tag Manager.
- Using a CSV File to upload attributes (for example, email and user_id).
Attributes that have already been configured and sent to Sprig will appear in the dropdowns as Filters.
Events cannot be used as a filter for email study delivery
Sprig supports CSV uploads, which you will find under the Connect page. You can either drag and drop or find a file to upload.
- Upload your CSV This should include one email attribute and a categorical variable (allowing to specify a category to send the study to).
- Click the Browser Reload button (this causes the attributes to be loaded into the Sprig UI).
- Create your study in the usual way.
- When you have completed the questions, click Audience.
- Select Email for How to Send.
Example CSV File
- Under Who to send it to, Click Add Filter.
- Select the categorical attribute (in the preceding CSV example, it would be list_name) corresponding to the intended email audience.
- Select is equal to.
- Select the value for the email audience attribute (in the preceding CSV example, it would be Email Campaign 1).
- Complete the Email Content to personalize the email and to include an Email Reply Address.
- Click Response Options and select One-time send or Ongoing. Optionally, Specify the Total Send Limit and, if Ongoing is selected, the Daily Send Limit**.
- Optionally, Click Send Test Email to send a test Study to up to three recipients.
- Click Launch Study and Sprig will send your study to all the emails in the grouping you specified.
Updated 4 months ago