A Sprig integration tracks customer interactions on your web and application pages. These interactions are referred to as events in Sprig. We’ve provided a list of considerations to decide which installation option is right for you:
|Considerations||Web SDK||Google Tag Manager|
|Availability||Web SDK Environment IDs are available from the Sprig Account.||Likely already installed on your website.|
Easy to add Sprig to your GTM container.
Environment IDs are available from the Sprig Account.
|Skillset, Access and Permissions||Knowledge, permission, access of your codebase and repository.||Novice to basic Google Tag Manager knowledge.|
|Time to Complete||30 minutes.||30 minutes.|
|Website or Web App Surface||Easy to install on either||Often already installed on your marketing site and possibly part of your application if the application is hybrid.|
- Add a team member
- Identify a colleague who has access to your codebase and code repositories
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Click Team
- Click Add Member
- Enter their first and last name, plus email address, and assign them the developer role
- Click Save
- In the Navigation Pane, click Connect.
- Optionally, using the sample copy below, email or message your colleague, asking them to install the snippet on your website or web application.
If you need any help with either of the deployments, please contact or book time with our Product Support and Customer Success teams. We're happy to lend you a helping hand to get you started!
Your website or web app's pages, buttons, interactions, and style sheet definitions translate to events that can be tracked and recognized by Sprig to conduct In-Product research.
Once you're clear on what you want to research, you'll need to spend time on your website or web app to determine which page or button you'd like your study to trigger to collect user insights.
- Choose a page or a button on your website or web application.
- Keep that page open as you navigate to the next step; you will need to copy information from this page into the Sprig application.
- Open the Sprig application.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Data Hub > Events.
- Click Add Event.
- Click Create No Code Event.
- Click Page URL for a trigger based on page loading or Inner Text for a trigger based on a button, link, or UI element event on the page.
- Enter the Event name in the Display Name field.
- In the Description field, enter the Event description.
- If Page URL was clicked, in the URL Pattern field, enter the Page URL.
- If Inner Text was clicked, enter the inner text of the element in the Inner Text field.
- Click Save.
This event is now available for use in your studies.
To create a new study, click + New Study, then click either Create from Scratch > Survey or select one of the predefined templates. The templates are organized by use case. Choose the collection that best fits your business problem. Then browse, preview, and select the template that best supports your needs.
- Click each template.
- Click on the questions and observe the preview on the right side.
- To choose the template, click Use this template.
For the Question tab:
- Review the questions.
- Customize by changing the wording, deleting a question, or adding a question.
- Click Save Changes, and you will be returned to the summary view.
To learn more about designing research questions, visit the following topics:
For the Audience tab:
- Select Website / Web App for How to Send.
- Choose When to Send. Select the Event you previously defined.
- Click Launch Study button in the top right corner. Click on Studies > YOUR_STUDY > Responses, and you should start to see responses as events are triggered and respondents complete the survey.
To learn more about designing study questions, visit the following topics:
If you need help with either of these installations, contact or book time with our Product Support and Customer Success teams. We're happy to lend you a hand getting started.
Updated 2 months ago