Sprig Replays enable you to target specific users in your product and capture clips of their real-time product experience. Replays can be either launched as standalone recordings of user behavior or alongside an in-product survey.
Replays help teams:
- Easily troubleshoot issues that would otherwise go unnoticed, like confusing navigation, hidden CTAs, and bugs.
- Understand why and how users are dropping off by exploring their journey through your product’s core flows.
- Watch users as they engage with features for the first time and identify areas for optimization to add to your roadmap.
Launching Replays will first require installing Sprig SDK into your website
We have a variety of SDK install methods for Web and Mobile products, so you can easily track behavior and send surveys to users as they experience your website, web app, or mobile app. Note that Mobile Session Replays are coming soon!
- Click + New Study and at top of page, click New Replay
- Name your Replay and add it to a specific study folder if desired.
- Select a Delivery Platform. You can trigger Replays on your Website or Web App, with Mobile delivery available soon.
- Click into Targeting module and set the desired clip timing to X seconds before or after your trigger. Also set your event trigger and any additional filters to ensure you are capturing clips from the right users at the right time in their product experience.
- Update Clip Settings to configure how many recordings you wish to capture.
- Update Recontact Options to set user-level clip limits and override any global recontact settings.
- Click Launch Replay!
- Click + New Study, and select a survey template that matches your goal. You can also click New Survey at top of page to start from scratch.
- Customize your survey in the Questions tab to ensure you're getting the right feedback from respondents.
- Go to the Audience tab and select Website or Web App as your Delivery Platform (mobile is coming soon). You’ll see an Add Replay module pop up below.
- Set Targeting module to determine which triggers and filters you'd like to use to reach the right audience for your Survey/Replay.
- Click the toggle button on right side of the Add Replay module and customize the clip timing to X seconds before or after your trigger.
- Update the Recontact and Response Options to capture the desired number of responses/clips.
- Click Launch Survey!
Sprig's entire application was built with Privacy as a top priority - including Replays.
While a replay clip may look and feel like a screen recording, Sprig's Session Replay clips are not actual “screen” recordings. Instead they are recordings of changes in the web browser's Document Object Model (DOM), which is the data representation of the page. That record of changes is then constructed into a video that represents a users interactions with a particular page. This approach allows us to selectively capture data, such as user interactions and form contents, while redacting other data, such as images and password fields.
By default, all form contents (including password fields) and images are not recorded or stored. Additionally, users are able to hide specific CSS selectors as they wish. Configure privacy settings at Settings > Replays > User privacy. Additionally, an Admin can turn off replays for the whole workspace, or by Product at Settings > Replay > Configure.
In addition to HTML content, Sprig Replays also record user interactions, such as mouse movements, clicks, screen touches, and keyboard input. Mouse movement captures are approximated during clip playback, limited to an inferred path between start and target destinations.
In adherence to guidelines set by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Replays does not capture nor require capturing permissions from end-users. The CCPA mandates that businesses must disclose their practices related to both the collection and sale of consumers' personal information in their privacy policies. While businesses are required to give consumers the option to opt-out of having their personal information sold to third parties, the law does not oblige them to provide a similar opt-out for just the collection of personal information.
We welcome feedback on our privacy practices. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
If you installed with HTML, your SDK will be automatically upgraded.
For npm and Yarn install methods, reach out to your development team to upgrade the SDK to the latest version. Please note that if you wish to use Replays in additional Products and Environments you will need to update the in each place that the SDK is installed.
Visit our Diagnostics page to learn more.
There may be a variety of reasons why your In Product Survey with Replay might not have clips for each response:
- Sprig will only save clips that are longer than 3 seconds. That means that a user may have quickly answered a survey question and then exited out of the survey before clip length exceeded 3 seconds.
- Clip upload may have been disrupted by something on the end user's side:
- Browser tab was closed before a clip was uploaded
- Internet signal was disrupted before a clip was uploaded
- Replay parameters were not met (e.g. user session is shorter than specified clip length)
There may be a variety of reasons why clip lengths are different from what was configured:
- It took a user less time than the specified "Record for" length to trigger an event
- If configured to record before and after a survey, some users may take a survey quicker than others which would result in a longer overall clip length
Visit Settings > Replays > Configure to adjust privacy settings including hiding all images or specific CSS elements from clip recordings.
Interactions will only be recorded if they were sent to Sprig and your SDK was version v2.24.2 or newer at the time of the clip recording.
Updated 3 days ago