Trigger targeted session replay clips to see how specific users experience your product.
What are Sprig Replays?
Sprig Replays enable you to target specific users in your product and capture clips of their real-time product experience.
Replays help teams:
- Easily troubleshoot issues that would otherwise go unnoticed, like confusing navigation, hidden CTAs, and bugs.
- Understand why and how users are dropping off by exploring their journey through your product’s core flows.
- Watch users as they engage with features for the first time and identify areas for optimization to add to your roadmap.
How to Create a Replay
Create a standalone Replay
- Click + New Study and at top of page, click New Replay
- Name your Replay and add it to a specific study folder if desired.
- Select a Delivery Platform. You can trigger Replays on your Website or Web App, with Mobile delivery available soon.
- Click into Targeting module and set the desired clip timing to X seconds before or after your trigger. Also set your event trigger and any additional filters to ensure you are capturing clips from the right users at the right time in their product experience.
- Update Clip Settings to set limits on how many recordings should be captured.
- Update Recontact Options to set user-level clip limits and override any global recontact settings.
- Click Launch Replay!
Add a Replay to an in-product Survey
- Click + New Study, and select a survey template that matches your goal. You can also click New Survey at top of page to start from scratch.
- Customize your survey in the Questions tab to ensure you're getting the right feedback from respondents.
- Go to the Audience tab and select Website or Web App as your Delivery Platform (mobile is coming soon). You’ll see an Add Replay module pop up below.
- Set Targeting module to determine which triggers and filters you'd like to use to reach the right audience for your Survey/Replay.
- Click the toggle button on right side of the Add Replay module and customize the clip timing to X seconds before or after your trigger.
- Update the Recontact and Response Options to capture the desired number of responses/clips.
- Click Launch Survey!
In order to run a Replay, you must install Sprig into your product. If you've already installed Sprig for in-product Surveys, there is no additional installation required. We have a variety of install methods for Web and Mobile products, so you can easily track behavior and trigger Replays for users as they experience your website or web app.
Replays prioritize privacy to ensure sensitive customer information is not captured, which can be controlled in Settings > Replays > User privacy. Sprig Admins must customize privacy settings before launching Replay.
Replay clips blur out all form content on screen by default, but you can also opt to hide all images, password fields, and/or specific CSS selectors.
In adherence to guidelines set by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Replays does not capture nor require capturing permissions from end-users. The CCPA mandates that businesses must disclose their practices related to both the collection and sale of consumers' personal information in their privacy policies. While businesses are required to give consumers the option to opt-out of having their personal information sold to third parties, the law does not oblige them to provide a similar opt-out for just the collection of personal information.
Updated 25 days ago