Segment is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) that collects and processes data from the users of your digital platforms and products. You can also use Segment to direct that data to other tools, making it a powerful tool for driving product experience insights with Sprig.
Segment Actions vs Segment Classic
If you are trying to deliver In-Product Surveys in your website, web app, or mobile app: You must use Segment Actions. Set-up instructions can be found in Segment Web, Segment iOS, Segment Android, and Segment React Native.
If you are trying to send additional data from a backend source to Sprig to further refine which users are targeted for In-Product Surveys: continue to follow the instructions below to set up Segment Classic. Segment Classic can send users, events, and attributes into Sprig. However, note that any events sent can only be used as survey filters, not survey triggers.
- For example, if you send an event "Checkout" from Segment Classic to Sprig, you will NOT be able to trigger a survey when the user checks out. However, you WILL be able to apply a study filter to refine your targeting to users that have checked out fewer than three times in the last month.
Confirm Segment Actions vs Segment Classic
Before proceeding, ensure that you are have reviewed the difference between Segment Actions and Classic above.
Remember that Segment Classic alone cannot be used to display In-Product Surveys into your product since it does not install the Sprig SDK. You must install the Sprig SDK through one of the installation methods for Web or Mobile in order to display surveys.
Set up Sprig as a Segment Classic Destination
In Segment, you will be connecting your backend data source(s) as a Source to Sprig as a Destination. This will allow events and attributes to be passed back to Sprig for the purpose of filtering studies.
To do this, follow these steps:
- In Segment, click Connections, then click Destinations.
- Search for “Sprig” and select the Sprig destination.
- Click Configure Sprig.
- Select your data source (e.g. a backend data source).
- Enter an identifiable destination name and ensure Classic is selected.
- Copy your Environment ID from your Sprig Dashboard and paste it into the Environment ID field.
- Turn on Enable Destination and save your changes.
That’s it! Your backend data sources will now beginning forwarding data into Sprig.
Updated about 1 month ago