Business Communication Platform
Configuring Sprig for Slack requires access to admin permissions, please contact your Sprig admin if prompted to do so.
The Sprig Slack integration allows Slack users to push data from Sprig to channels within their Slack workspace.:
- Billing Events and Notifications
- Launched or Completed Studies
- Responses Received to a Study
- Study Themes
Before getting started
- The Sprig Slack integration is available to all plans.
- Only a Sprig Admin, Developer, or Editor role can enable the Slack integration in Sprig, while in Slack, channel creation and application integration are determined by your Slack administrator.
- Decide which channels and which colleagues in your organization should receive access to the Sprig data sets that are available.
- If you do not have the right Slack channels available and you do not have the permissions to create Slack channels in your company, you’ll want to contact your Slack administrator to request that they create the channels you’ll need.
- Similarly, if you do not have permission to install or connect third-party applications to Slack, you may need to reach out to your Slack administrator to ask that they help you integrate Slack and Sprig.
- You may need to add your Slack administrator to the Sprig account so that they can install the integration.
If you have added more than one product in Sprig, you may configure separate Slack channels for each product.
Once you have the right Slack channels available and have verified the permissions for integrating Slack, choose which Sprig data sets you want to be mapped to those channels. If you are not interested in receiving a specific Sprig data set, you can choose Not Set for the channel. Listed below are some general recommendations:
- Studies receive a response: a channel with your whole product team or stakeholders that are interested in customer insights.
- Study themes are identified: a channel with your whole product team or stakeholders that are interested in customer insights.
- Billing Events and Notifications: typically a channel for the Sprig Admins, their procurement, or accounts payable team. If not needed, select Not Set.
- Study is launched or completed: typically a channel for the Sprig Admins or central team that administers Sprig at your company. If not needed, select Not Set.
Connecting Sprig with Slack
You or your Slack Admin can connect your Slack workspace to Sprig.
- In the Sprig app, click Connect > Slack > Connect to Slack
- Slack will ask for permission to connect with Sprig. Please make sure you have the intended workspace selected, then click Allow
- When the page reloads, head back to Connect > Slack, and select a channel under the categories of messages you would like to receive. If you do not wish to receive messages for a category, just leave it as Not Set. The channel selection is saved automatically. Close the modal by clicking on the X in the top right corner once the desired channels have been selected.
Invite the Sprig bot
Now that Slack is connected, and channels have been selected, it's time to invite the Sprig bot to your desired Slack channels.
- In Slack, right click the channel you wish to invite the Sprig bot to, and choose Open channel details
- In the modal that appears, select the Integrations section, and click Add an App
- Sprig should be listed in the In your workspace section. Click add to invite the Sprig bot to your channel.
Sprig and Slack are now connected.
Updated 10 months ago