Export data from Sprig to Segment whenever a study response is collected. The data can then be exported to Segment's hundreds of Destination integrations.
- Send study responses collected in Sprig to Segment
- Sprig currently does not appear as a Source in Segment, but you can set a HTTP endpoint as a source in Segment’s workspace to receive Sprig’s data as a stream. From the Segment app Sources page, click on Add Source.
- Search for HTTP API in the Sources Catalog and click Add Source.
- You’ll be prompted to give the source a name. We recommend using any internal naming conventions. Please note, if you plan on adding more than one source (production and development environments) then we recommend you name them as such.
- For the source you just added, find and copy its Write Key in the source Overview tab.
- Open the Sprig Dashboard and make sure you're viewing the desired Product and Environment (Development or Production). On Sprig Dashboard > Connect > Segment Stream, add your copied Write Key by clicking Add Key, pasting in the key, and clicking Save. Sprig will now forward study results to Segment.
- In the Segment app Overview tab for the source, for each destination where you'd like to send study response data, click Add Destination and follow the configuration flow.
The Segment Write Key is unique to each source connected in Segment, so please check to make sure you add the right one, and that the environment in the Sprig Connect page in which the Write Key is set matches the Segment Source for that Write Key. For example, a source for your app's Production environment should be added in Sprig's Connect page viewed in Production.
A User ID is required to receive Sprig data in Segment. Sprig cannot send a response to Segment if the study taker is anonymous: if the visitor does not have a User ID.
This table describes the data that will be sent from Sprig's Segment Stream to your destination integrations.
Also known as
Name of the action that a user has performed. We will use
Name of the survey
Uuid of the survey
Timestamp when the survey was created (ISO-8061 format)
Uuid of the visitor who submitted the response
[deprecated] Legacy identifier of a visitor. Different from visitorId (uuid), oldVisitorId is a number
A response group is a set of responses for a visitor for a given survey
The survey response to the question
Other attributes of the visitor, like plan, company, role etc.
The label of the event that triggered this survey. Can be NULL
Dictionary of extra information that provides useful context about a message. Each call is required to contain a
Timestamp of when a message is sent to Segment
Automatically set by Segment, the timestamp of when a message is received by Segment
Timestamp when the message itself took place, defaulted to the current time by the Segment Tracking API, as a ISO-8601 format date string
Type of message, corresponding to the Segment API method:
Updated 21 days ago