As well as Open Text questions and responses, Sprig supports video and audio-only questions and responses. The video and voice responses are automatically transcribed and, if need be, translated. This enables the same AI analysis undertaken on textual responses to be also conducted on video responses. However, video and audio responses provide an additional emotional dimension that is not always visible in text-only responses. Usually the there is a lower response rate to voice and video questions due to the higher effort required by the survey recipient in comparison to other surveys. Consider focusing voice and video questions on a specific area of interest and only share that survey with recipients you think the question would be particularly relevant to.
The steps to create a Microsurvey with video-enabled questions and responses are:
- In the Navigation Pane, click Templates.
- Select a template to customize or click Create from Scratch.
- Select Video & Voice from the Add Question menu.
- Click Request Permissions to enable Sprig to request access to your camera and microphone.
- Click Allow for the browser to permit Sprig access to your camera and microphone.
- Click Record to start recording your video question. Optionally, click Video to turn off video and just record your voice.
- Click to Stop recording.
- Click to Play back your recording.
- If you are not happy with the recording, click to Delete your recording and start a new recording.
- When you are happy with the recording or do not need to add any more questions, click Audience.
- Click Shareable Link or Email.
- Click Preview Survey to view what the respondent will see when they click on the launched survey URL. The respondent's task is to record a video or audio response in the same manner as the question was recorded. This will appear in a new browser tab.
- If satisfied, return to the app.sprigg.com browser tab and click Launch Survey.
- Distribute the survey link to prospective respondents using your usual methods.
- Note that the Safari Web Browser is not currently supported and all respondents have to give permissions in their browser to enable camera and microphone access.
Updated 24 days ago